March 13, 2015 | Home & Happiness Team | Comments Off on Get the Ultimate Organized Closet With These Creative Ideas
If you’re always running late and feel like you have nothing to wear, there is one thing you must do: organize your closet.
A chaotic closet means you always spend a few extra minutes looking for your favorite pair of pants. With a well-organized closet, you can find them right away, every time. And that overwhelm you feel when trying to find the right outfit will disappear once you clear away the items you simply never wear.
Get inspired to clear the clutter now with these tips from some of the most organized staffers here at Country Curtains, and from other neat experts from around the web.
- Start by evaluating your closet contents. Do you really need everything in there? The Everygirl has seven questions to ask yourself as you go through your closet. The list will help you narrow down your belongings.
- Before you start putting things back into your closet, choose an organization style. You can organize by color, season, use, type of clothing, or some combination of these options. Whatever you choose, come up with a plan before you fill your closet again.
- Do you have drawers in your closet? If you do, cut pieces of PVC pipe to make the perfect home inside for scarves or ties. Outstanding tip, Better Homes & Gardens.
- If you’re handy, build some additional closet organization on the inside of your closet door, like this reader of the Ana White blog If sawing and hammering make you nervous, add hooks for extra storage space.
- Matching hangers create a clean look, and slim hangers like these from The Container Store help you fit more items in your closet (in case you weren’t able to purge as much as you had hoped).
- Free up drawer space by hanging scarves and hats from a sturdy coat hanger like Laura from OrgJunkie.com
- Transform shoeboxes into drawer dividers with this quick tip from Real Simple.
- Use wire hangers to create the perfect solution for a chaotic pile of shoes, as demonstrated here.
- Make the most of your space by using special hangers and racks for belts, pants and sweaters, as shown on Live Creatively Inspired.
- Say goodbye to your messy closet—a dab of hot glue on the ends of your hangers will keep clothes from sliding off. Genius advice, WhoWhatWear!
- Create shelves for your high-heeled shoes with just a few pieces of crown molding, some nails and a bottle of wood glue, as featured on Home Stories A to Z.
The new season is only a week away, so this is the perfect time for a little spring-cleaning.
If you have creative closet organization tips, we would love to hear them! Leave a comment below or join the conversation on Facebook.