September 17, 2014 | Home & Happiness Team | Comments Off on Bring Fall Curb Appeal to Your Front Door
in 30 Minutes or Less
Our favorite part of living in New England just might be the change of seasons—because it means freshening up our outdoor décor.
So if you love fall (or just love an excuse to be outside enjoying the crisp autumn air), we have the perfect ideas to help you welcome the new season to your doorstep. And since each of these ideas can be accomplished in 30 minutes or less, you’ll still have plenty of time left to sit back and enjoy the changing leaves before they start to fall.
Here are our favorite fall décor tips:
- Add a decorative fall wreath to your front door. We’ve curated some of our favorite looks over on Pinterest. Time to create: 10-30 minutes, depending on the wreath you choose.
- Place potted mums on your doorstep. The iconic fall flower can be found at your local garden center or even your neighborhood grocery store. This update is simple, inexpensive and quick, yet oh-so festive! Time to create: 5 minutes or less.
- Update window boxes with a fall theme. We love this tutorial from HGTV. Time to create: 20-30 minutes.
- Create a cornstalk arrangement by tying 10-20 stalks together with twine or decorative ribbon. Place them on a fence or on either side of your front door, along with some pumpkins or small bales of hay. Feeling fancy? Include some decorative flowers or leaves for added pizzazz. Time to create: 10-15 minutes.
- Get creative with flint corn (also known as Indian corn). You can string it to make garland, create an eye-catching wreath or turn a regular plant pot into something much more festive. Time to create: 10-30 minutes, depending on which project you select.